Friday, November 4, 2005

Alma 26:37

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."
Alma 26:37


This scripture makes me think of how crazy Nationalism is... in the sense of caring about your country and your people, and thinking that they are better than the rest of the world.  Or even on a smaller scale... defending and protecting your family and taking advantage of "other" people.  Not that country or family are bad things to be loyal to, at all. :)   It just seems that we block out the rest of the universe sometimes, or take these ideals to extremes... "My country, right or wrong" or anger and violence against groups that we don't identify with.   We think "those people" are taking our jobs... when we're actually all part of each other, bound together.  Today, let's try to expand our comfort zones a little, and be inclusive of some people we usually exclude... love some people we usually ignore.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews