Monday, January 31, 2005

Colossians 3:23-24


"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;
Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."
Colossians 3:23-24


This is cool.  I like to be reminded that everything I do is for the Lord... it helps me to pull back my perspective, and see the bigger picture... how everything works together.  Sometimes I resent a task that I am given at work, or I just really don't *want* to clean the living room or pay the bills, or whatever it is that I really need to do... but this helps.  If I can remember that I am doing these things for the Lord, then perhaps I can lose the attitude, and enjoy the task.  It's hard to do things "heartily" if they are just for yourself, or for someone you don't even like... but really, everything we do is for God.  Every minute of our lives is a gift from him, and living it well is a gift that we can give to him. :)  Today, I am going to try to live more "heartily," and I invite you to join me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews