Tuesday, January 4, 2005

2 Corinthians 1:18-20


"But as God is true, our word toward you was not yea and nay.
For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, even by me and Silvanus and Timotheus, was not yea and nay, but in him was yea.
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us."
2 Corinthians 1:18-20


This made me smile today, so I thought I would share it. :) I think it is cool that God is yes... it reminds me of an E. E. Cummings poem... the first stanza is

i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

and I think that it catches the spirit of these verses really well.  God is yea, not nay, and not yea AND nay.  Everything that he says will come to pass... Everything that he is is good, and positive.  As we become more like him, and get to know him better in our lives, our lives, too, will become more yea than nay. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews