Monday, December 6, 2004

Alma 17:13


"And it came to pass when they had arrived in the borders of the land of the Lamanites, that they separated themselves and departed one from another, trusting in the Lord that they should meet again at the close of their harvest; for they supposed that great was the work which they had undertaken."
Alma 17:13


This scripture is another one that emphasizes our trust in the Lord.  I think that is something that I need to work on in my life.  I give up too easily, thinking that I can't accomplish whatever it is.  What I forget, too often, is that with God's help, I can do anything that he wants me to do.  Miracles happen every day, and as we trust in God, we find ourselves experiencing those miracles, participating in them... discovering that we are capable of more than we dreamed, especially of being faithful to God and his commandments.  Life can seem overwhelming at times, and we can come to feel as though we can't possibly do all that is expected of us... but as we focus on the present, on just what we have to do in this particular hour of the day, and as we trust God, we find that even the largest and scariest obstacles can be overcome.
The other part of this scripture that I like is the part about trusting in the Lord that they would meet again at the close of their harvest... I think that is something that we often do.  People come into and out of our lives, and sometimes we feel the absence strongly... and the way to ensure that we don't lose anyone at all is the same thing that the sons of Mosiah trusted in... in God, and in doing his will.  Someday, whether in this life or in the next, we will be reunited with all the people that we care about, and I can't even imagine having that much happiness at once... but I am definitely looking forward to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews