Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Omni 1:1-2


"Behold, it came to pass that I, Omni, being commanded by my father, Jarom, that I should write somewhat upon these plates, to preserve our genealogy—
Wherefore, in my days, I would that ye should know that I fought much with the sword to preserve my people, the Nephites, from falling into the hands of their enemies, the Lamanites. But behold, I of myself am a wicked man, and I have not kept the statutes and the commandments of the Lord as I ought to have done."
Omni 1:1-2


I think that we all feel like this sometimes... that we haven't kept the commandments or listened to God as well as we "ought to have done." When we feel like that, the challenge is to get better at those things, and not just accept ourselves as we are. We can always improve and grow, no matter where we are in our lives... good or bad. God isn't judging us based on an impossible standard... he just wants us to become better than we are now. If we work on improving, then we'll become better, and over time we'll reach heights we hadn't dreamed we could ever attain. Today, let's pick an aspect of our lives that needs improvement and work on that... even if we start at zero, we can still make a difference in our lives. Life with God is better than life without. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews