Wednesday, June 9, 2004

Colossians 1:11


"Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;"
Colossians 1:11


I like this... patience and longsuffering with joyfulness.  Usually, when I think of enduring to the end or longsuffering... I think "long suffering" ... a long time of being really unhappy, so that someday we can get to heaven. :)   I know, it isn't really logical... but that's what I usually think.  So, this longsuffering with joy is amazing.  Longsuffering with joy seems more like a party... sitting around talking with your friends, enjoying life, waiting for the "big event." :)  I think the key here is that we're strengthened by God, so that we can be happy... and whatever burdens we have will seem light, so that we can bear them with ease. :)  So, today, if unhappiness threatens, let's turn to God and get some strength, and as a result, some joyfulness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews