Monday, March 18, 2002

Psalms 3:3

"But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head."
Psalms 3:3


I like the "lifter up of mine head" part. :)  It reminds me of this specific instance in my life where we were doing an exercise... supposed to talk to someone while looking at the floor... so this boy and I talked to each other's shoes for a while, and after about 3 minutes, he reached over and lifted my chin up to look at him. :)  We were friends for years. :)  Just a small thing, but it stands out in my mind.  I think that God does that for us all the time.  We aren't usually instructed to look at the floor... we usually do it out of sorrow or despair... or lack of self-worth.  And he raises our eyes to see more than we have been seeing, and to smile at us and show us that he cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews