Monday, July 23, 2001

Words of Mormon 1:7

"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me.  And now I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."
Words of Mormon 1:7


This is cool.  It reminds me of Adam (Moses 5:6) when he was asked why he was offering sacrifices, and he said that he didn't know, except that God had told him to.  The same thing is happening here with Mormon.  He really has no idea why he including this particular selection of writings with his work, except that he knows God wants him to... and therefore, it is the wise thing to do. :)  That is having faith like a child... trusting that what your dad says is absolutely right, even though you really don't understand the reasons.  I would like to have a touch of that in my life.  I think that I (and perhaps all of us) get too cynical sometimes, and demand reasons for everything... when, sometimes, there is just no way to know, or understand, until we have lived a little longer, and learned a little more.  It is frequently that way with the challenges in life.  While they are happening we rarely understand, and almost never appreciate them... but afterwards, sometimes years afterward, we understand why we needed to go through whatever it was, and see what it was preparing us for.  God knows what he is doing... I mean, he is GOD, after all.  Unfortunately, I think I tend to forget that readily apparent truth, all too often.
So, today... let's remember that he does know what he is doing, and even if we don't understand it completely at present... let's follow him anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews