Thursday, August 31, 2023

Moroni 6:8-9 -- On Repentance and Listening to the Spirit

"But as oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven.
And their meetings were conducted by the church after the manner of the workings of the Spirit, and by the power of the Holy Ghost; for as the power of the Holy Ghost led them whether to preach, or to exhort, or to pray, or to supplicate, or to sing, even so it was done."
Moroni 6:8-9


I love the fact that we can repent over and over and still be forgiven. I'm not saying that we should just sin all we want and then go back and try it... I mean, that is why the "real intent" part is in there. We have to sincerely want to change rather than just wanting to do our own thing forever. But as long as we're sincere, God helps us to start over and get it right... and that is the only way we're going to make it. Seems so essential, and so generous to me today.

I also love the idea here of conducting meetings by the Spirit, leading people to do whatever the Spirit prompted them to do. I am not sure we are there yet, but I like the idea of being with a bunch of people who are all listening to the Spirit well enough that we could have a meeting like that... I like the idea of figuring out how to listen to God that well. I think a lot of it is just practice... spending time listening and trying to do what we think the Spirit wants, and doing that over and over until we recognize it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews