Monday, March 7, 2022

Daniel 9:21-22 -- On Angels and Understanding

"Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding."
Daniel 9:21-22


I love the stories of angels interacting with regular people, because I think it shows that there is a lot more going on than we can see... God has things organized, and is watching over all of us. I also like the idea here that we can be given things instantly like skill and understanding. I mean, I think God usually wants us to work at things like that, so we learn about effort and accomplishment, but every now and then when it is important, it is also cool to get some extra boosts. :)

Today, let's be like Daniel, including the Lord in our lives through prayer, and working to support and uphold God's plan... and as we do that, he will bless us with help and inspiration as we need it... sometimes perhaps through angelic visitors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews