Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Alma 42:29 -- On Trouble and Trust

"And now, my son, I desire that ye should let these things trouble you no more, and only let your sins trouble you, with that trouble which shall bring you down unto repentance." Alma 42:29


This verse struck me today because I love the idea of not being troubled. :) And I think that God is advising us through this story to stress less, and stop worrying about things that we can't do anything about... but only worry about the things that we can repent for and change.

In context, Alma is talking to his son Corianton, who had gotten into some sinful practices, and who didn't understand certain doctrines. We get into spots like that too, and I am not saying we shouldn't ask questions or petition God for answers. We should... God wants us to understand the gospel, and to embrace it in our lives. We can't stop seeking... I'm just saying that we also shouldn't let those kinds of things stall our lives. Part of what faith is for is being able to trust God enough that we can move forward, even though we still have questions.

Today, let's trust, and trouble ourselves a little less about things we can't change. Let's move forward with the things that we can affect, and let go especially of the very stressful sin in our lives. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews