Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Mark 10:21 -- On Beholding and Loving

"Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me."
Mark 10:21


The phrase that struck me in this verse is "Then Jesus beholding him loved him." ... I love what that says about Christ. I feel like this has happened to me a very limited amount of times in my life, where I observed someone and grew to love them quickly in that moment... but for Christ I'm thinking it is probably everyone, or almost everyone. He has that ability to see into people's souls, to see all the good and potential there, and love and understand them instantly--and even if it wasn't everyone at the time of this scriptural event, I think it moved up to everyone when he completed the atonement, suffering for every one of us, and being willing to do that exactly because of that love... that instant kinship that he feels for all of us.

Today, let's work to be more like Christ... more willing to listen, to observe, to love, and to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews