Wednesday, September 22, 2021

3 Nephi 17:8-9 -- On Sufficient Faith

"For I perceive that ye desire that I should show unto you what I have done unto your brethren at Jerusalem, for I see that your faith is sufficient that I should heal you.
And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him."
3 Nephi 17:8-9


I love the idea here of having sufficient faith. Christ doesn't say it is perfect, but he does say it is enough... and I think that is something that feels attainable, right? Also, significantly, every single person that was afflicted, he healed. Now, God makes the decisions about what trials we need to learn from in life and I'm not saying that we should count on instantly being free of all challenges. However, I think that it does clearly mean that Christ can, and wants to, heal any and every thing that is wrong with us, and that he will--in his time and according to our faith.

Today, let's muster our faith, and talk to God about the healing that we need in our lives. Maybe not everything, but something that we're stuck on... a habit, a heartache, a hurt. And let's ask for healing, and for help having enough faith. Depending on what it is, it might come immediately... that can absolutely happen... but it also might come slowly, as we learn from God how to manage our lives. Let's have faith whether the remedy is fast or slow, and trust that the Lord knows exactly what is best for us and how to help in the perfect way for our long-term happiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews