Sunday, June 27, 2021

Psalms 51:6-10 -- On Inward Truth

"Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalms 51:6-10


I like the "truth in the inward parts" line. God makes his biggest changes on the inside. As we learn to live his way, we learn a new and better way of thinking and evaluating. We make better choices, and become better people. He doesn't do this against our will of course, which is why it *is* a choice. We have to let him in, and invite him to help us change.

If we want all of these things, to have our iniquities blotted out, to have clean hearts, truth rooted in us, etc. then God can help us get there. :) Let's seek for that true internal change and the chance to be so much better than we could ever become alone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews