Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Psalms 3:5 -- On Sleep and Sustaining

"I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me."
Psalms 3:5


I like this idea of sleeping and awaking being part of God sustaining us.  The rest that we need is part of God helping us, waking us up is part of it... and really, everything is, right... waking and sleeping, God sustains us constantly.

I think that too often we see God as a peripheral aspect of our lives, and the point here (and elsewhere in the gospel) is that he is *the* central aspect of our lives.  And the more we acknowledge that, and make him our central priority, the better things work, because we are tuning in to God's will and learning to walk his way, which is the way to peace and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews