Monday, September 11, 2017

Abraham 4:18 -- On Attention and Obedience

"And the Gods watched those things which they had ordered until they obeyed."
Abraham 4:18


This is an excerpt from the creation story, and I thought it was interesting today because the Gods were organizing all of these things, but they hadn't happened yet, and so they had to keep track and follow through on all of it.  Maybe it just took time to happen.  I really like my imagined idea of God up there, checking in to watch the progress, kind of like hitting refresh on your browser over and over, waiting for an update. :)  I know God doesn't have to do it that way, but I think he followed what was going on, with that same feeling and interest in every detail.

I also think that he follows our lives like that as well.  It's easy to feel lost and unimportant among the myriads of people around us, in our society, on earth, and think that we are lost among them.  But God isn't a fallible human, losing track of people, and he doesn't offer us less because there are more of his children to care for... he is capable of giving us all as much attention and love as we can handle. :)

I think there is also a timing issue here.  God & Co watched and waited until they were obeyed, and after that, moved onto the next phase of creation.  A similar thing happens in our lives, because the principles of the gospel build on each other.  So, God has to watch us to make sure we get the first part before he can give us the second part... it takes obedience to progress.

Today, let's remember how involved God is in our lives.  Let's reach out to him, and let's work on our obedience, so that God can help us to progress.


1 comment:

  1. "And let God change our hearts"
    The problem is when God is not ready now;but me I let the hell loose!What a shame on me😧.
    Thanks sister now I know what to do.Just Wait,Neh!My God is in control.Is good to have the Spirit :Neh?good post Sister.Amen πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews