Thursday, March 5, 2015

Psalms 31:5-8 -- On Trusting and Large Rooms

"Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room."
Psalms 31:5-8


This is a cool prayer/song.  Sometimes when I think about the reality of deity, it is overwhelming... the power that we can't even imagine that it would take to actually organize/create the world, our bodies, our spirits, worlds without number, not to mention the more "mundane" miracles like moving mountains, parting the sea, walking on water, etc.  And the fact that a God with that kind of power actually takes the time or spares the attention for us... to consider our trouble, to know our souls.  That's amazing by itself.  It's hard for us, still, I know, to trust the Lord.  We have a hard time considering things outside ourselves.  We have really rusty and underdeveloped spiritual senses, and we tend to think our physical senses are superior.  But despite all that, God doesn't give us over to our enemies. :)  He sets our feet in a large room... he blesses us with the room to make decisions, to be free, to have the space to find out who we are and what we want out of life and eternity.  And he continues to offer us instruction and choices, helping us learn more and more, and become more confident in the decisions that we are making that will determine our futures. :) 
Today, despite the difficulty of overcoming our own trust issues and internal focus, let's work on putting God first, and committing our spirits to him.  As we make him the primary focal point of our lives, everything else will become sharper as well.  A lot of our confusion will disappear, and we'll see how things should be.  Let's be glad and rejoice in God's mercy and truth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews