Sunday, March 29, 2015

Job 32:6-10 -- On Inspiration and Opinion

"And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion.
I said, Days should speak, and multitude of years should teach wisdom.
But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.
Therefore I said, Hearken to me; I also will shew mine opinion."
Job 32:6-10


I like this because it emphasizes the fact that we all need to get our own testimonies, and that all voices, young and old, should be heard.  We *all* have access to inspiration from God, and God can teach us all.  In fact, God often chooses the young to carry his message, perhaps so that we can all be humble, but perhaps also we have a tendency to get set in our ways a little, and to think we're right, which could make it harder to listen to what God has to say.  Today, as we speak one with another and discuss the gospel and the welfare of the soul, let's be willing to listen to and learn from everyone, the old and the young... and everyone else, too. :)  Let's not leave anyone out or dismiss their opinions.  Let's seek the inspiration of God, and offer our opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews