Sunday, January 20, 2002

Philippians 1:27

"Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel."
Philippians 1:27


The things that I find interesting here, are first... that distance doesn't seem to matter so much when you are united, and the whole idea of being "one mind" in the first place.  Last week I went to see a movie called "A Beautiful Mind," which I think is now my favorite movie. :)  Anyway, probably because I saw that movie recently, this scripture makes me think about being of one mind... and that it doesn't just apply to us as a community, trying to unite and work towards the same ideals and goals... it also applies within ourselves.  We don't always have a united purpose even inside our own heads sometimes.  We all have things that fight for our attention that we need to ignore.  We all have things that seem like reality to us, but which really are distracting us from what is real.  Anyway, I just thought that was interesting... that we need to strive for oneness within ourselves primarily... and once we have all the shards of ourselves fused together, then we can probably think about uniting with others. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews