Thursday, January 3, 2002

John 21:25

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."
John 21:25


I think that it is cool that Jesus accomplished so much in his life.  I'm sure the books of his life would be much more interesting than the books of my life. :)  And I'm really not certain that mine would take up more than half a shelf, tops.  The other cool thing about this scripture is that it gives us a sense of the overwhelming abundance of information that there is, not only about Christ's early life, but about the entire gospel... all of God's works.  I know that some people believe that all truth about God is contained in the Bible... I just don't understand how it could be.  One book, no matter how instructive or applicable, couldn't contain God.  He would be busting the seams, pouring out into everything around him... God isn't just in a book.  The evidence of God is in the world all around us, in the air we breathe... in the magnificent beauty of God's creations, including people.  The Bible is amazing... but so is the information that we get from God each and every day. :) Today, let's think outside the book. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews