Wednesday, May 2, 2001

Amos 3:7

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."
Amos 3:7


I wonder sometimes how all-encompassing this is... and I think of when God showed Abraham everything... and John the Beloved, and the Brother of Jared too, I think... they saw every person who ever walked the earth and everything that would ever happen, so that seems pretty all-encompassing.  I think when we get to the other side of the veil, we'll have to be using a lot more than 10% of our brains in order to comprehend all of that though... that is massive.  I can't even keep MY life straight, let alone everyone else's. :)
I think prophets are such a good idea. :)  (Like all of God's ideas...)  So that we can get guidance all the time, hear what we need to hear now, and be warned.  In the scriptures there are so many stories of prophets going to warn cities before they were destroyed... and every once in a while they actually repented and then weren't destroyed. :)  So, God makes sure we have adequate warning before bad things happen.  I appreciate that, muchly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews