Wednesday, April 4, 2001

Psalms 116:1-2

"I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live."
Psalms 116:1-2


I like this.  I find it to be startlingly true in my life.  I love the Lord because he listens to me... because he understands who I am, and takes that into account as he talks to me.  There is no more personalized communication... or education... in the world, than that which the Lord gives to us.  He knows us better than anyone else.  He knows us better than we know ourselves.  I find that fascinating, and because of that, in a way... when we interact with God, we learn more about ourselves.  Isn't it amazing, that out of the billions that he interacts with each day, that he each of us, personally, better than our families or closest friends?  And because of that, and you know... because of a lot of reasons, we look to him for guidance, comfort, and peace.  Because he knows how to give those things, tailoring his instruction to us as individuals, taking into account our strengths, weaknesses, and needs.  God is so amazing. :)  Let's talk to him today... he is the best listener around. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews