Wednesday, April 25, 2001

1 Peter 1:13

"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
1 Peter 1:13


This is good for me today... hopefully you too.  I feel overwhelmed sometimes, and think that I can't face whatever the day has in store... feel like I am just mentally exhausted. :)  But, today I have to teach a class and be cheerful... so the thing that I need to do is "gird up the loins of [my] mind" :)  and hope... which I think is the whole point of the girding up process. :)  Let's not let darkness dominate our thoughts... instead, let's let a little light in, sweep all that dust out of the way, and bask in the light of hope that is always shining in, as long as we open the shutters. :)  So, today, join me... let's inspire our minds to hope, and make sure that we aren't getting drunk on cynicism. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews