Tuesday, December 21, 1999

Psalms 18:35

"Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great."
Psalms 18:35


I was talking to one of my friends a little bit about the nature of God the other day... about gender roles in our society and how God epitomizes the best of them all, that submissiveness, kindness, and humility are not just female things, but indicators of a whole and complete person... anyway, just babbling, as usual. but I think that this scripture is cool. it is in the midst of some war scriptures, but right there in the middle, it talks about gentleness, and that it has made us great... that kindness and compassion make us stronger. I think sometimes we worry about showing weaknesses to other people, and in the workplace, or even in our own personal lives, relationships can become adversarial... we're trying to protect ourselves, or trying to prove our point, or whatever. I think that kind of stress breaks us down, and makes it harder to deal with life... and when we can remember to show gentleness to others, and when we are treated gently... that is what strengthens our confidence, strengthens relationships, and strengthens ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews