Monday, May 1, 2023

Job 23:8-10 -- On Connection and Purification

"Behold, I go forward, but he is not there; and backward, but I cannot perceive him:
On the left hand, where he doth work, but I cannot behold him: he hideth himself on the right hand, that I cannot see him:
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
Job 23:8-10


Job is talking about God here, the way we sometimes look for him and can't find him. I think that happens to everyone sometimes, because we aren't perfect yet with our spiritual senses, and also because we sometimes need a little ambiguity in our lives, to learn to make choices on our own, and to build faith.

One cool part here is that Job knows perfectly that the inability to find God is his failing, and that God would easily be able to find him... even when we are unable to percieve him, yet he knows the way that we take, and sees and stays connected to us even when we are blind and lost. Another cool part is that Job sees the purpose of God, and that he is trying us, not to cause us to suffer, but to purify us, to get rid of the bad parts and make us perfect and whole.

Today, let's be faithful like Job and remember that the Lord can always find us, and that his goal is to make us perfect. If we stick with him and follow his path, that is where we will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews