Monday, January 24, 2022

Psalms 25:4-8 -- On Being Taught By the Lord

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.
Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way."
Psalms 25:4-8


Reading this made me wonder what would be left if we were truly cleansed from evil. I think part of our job in this life is just making sure that we have something to build on in that respect, so that when God refuses to remember out sins and transgressions, he'll still have something to remember. :)

I love the idea of God as our teacher, showing us his paths and his way, helping us to find more peace and happiness than we would ever find on our own. He's helping us find the good in ourselves and build on it...even when we've favored the evil over the good in the past, or made poor choices and don't know how to get in touch with our good anymore, God can help us.

Today, let's look to God for help in building ourselves up as good creatures. :) Let's allow him to lead us in truth, help us find and choose good, and show us how to love ourselves and who we are becoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews