Thursday, November 21, 2019

Psalms 73:22-24 -- On Foolishness and Glory

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory."
Psalms 73:22-24


There are a lot of interesting things in this Psalm, but this part is what struck me today, I think because I can really relate to that first verse... maybe we all can.  And yet, despite our foolishness and ignorance and all of our mistakes, God holds our hands, and guides us with his counsel.

I like the idea that there is always someone there to help us, that knows the way out of every problem and can help us not have to face the consequences of our stupidities alone. :)  It's also someone wise enough to teach us how to change and overcome our faults, and who really gets us and knows how to deal with our individual quirks.

Today, let's be thankful to God, and for God, who helps us through our foolishness and eventually receives us to glory. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews