Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Abraham 4:26

"And the Gods took counsel among themselves and said: Let us go down and form man in our image, after our likeness; and we will give them dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."
Abraham 4:26


What I really like about this version of the creation story is the plural "Gods."  I like the idea that there was discussion about it, that people were working together to think about these things... that they were sharing it with each other.  I imagine a really cool meeting where people are smiling and coming up with interesting and awesome ideas.  How cool would it be to be included in ... creation?  Amazing.
I don't hate the idea of a singular God, who loves us and knows us perfectly.  He is there, and I appreciate that.  But I think I like it even more that he isn't alone... and that he includes other people in his process.  I like to think that someday I could be in one of those meetings, talking about how it all works... what it takes to actually do those creation tasks.  That's amazing... and I think it puts this life into perspective all the more.  We're here to learn, and we are learning on such a smaller scale. :)  Getting distracted by office politics or the latest online thing seems so silly in comparison to having the opportunity to growing into the kind of person who could actually ... participate in creation.  That's mind-bogglingly cool. :)  Today, let's reduce the distractions in our lives, and focus on learning to come closer to God, and learning from him the things that he knows. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews