Thursday, January 24, 2013

1 Nephi 9:15-18

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ the Son of God. I created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are. I was with the Father from the beginning. I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and in me hath the Father glorified his name.
I came unto my own, and my own received me not. And the scriptures concerning my coming are fulfilled.
And as many as have received me, to them have I given to become the sons of God; and even so will I to as many as shall believe on my name, for behold, by me redemption cometh, and in me is the law of Moses fulfilled.
I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end."
1 Nephi 9:15-18


We've heard things like this before... all through the scriptures.  Today, though, let's imagine that we are in the situation of the people in this chapter.  There is massive destruction going on around, and it seems like the end of the world.  Cities have been sunk, and burned, and the whole face of the land is changed... it is really scary, and we can't see because of the palpable darkness that is all around us.  ... and then, after hours of darkness, we hear a voice, speaking to us out of Heaven.  Wow.  That's going to make an impact.  That isn't just the same thing that we've read a million times.  This is Jesus Christ, introducing himself, and teaching us personally.  After hearing Sunday School lessons about him, it is all now very very real.  Power to become the sons of God?  And the light of the world, when you are in thick darkness that seems like it will never disperse?  I think that this is someone we want to listen to. :)  Today, even though we aren't in the same physical darkness, let's remember the power of Jesus Christ to save us from any kind of darkness in our lives.  To restore peace and hope... to help us become more than we could ever become on our own.  Let's listen to his voice, and allow ourselves to be enlightened. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews