Saturday, November 15, 2008

Jeremiah 1:5

"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5


Scriptures that make reference to our lives before birth are fascinating to me... I think that it gives me this overwhelming desire to be true to my former self... although sometimes I feel like I know very little about who I am now, and discovering who I was before this life is an even larger blank.  Luckily (okay, more than luck), we have God there to help us understand a little of what it was like... or at least who we were and where we stood on some of the major issues. :)
I've heard people ask life can be fair if God already knows everything about us... asking "what if I was a fence-sitter in the War in Heaven?"  How do I even have a chance to come out okay in this life?" ... although I think the question itself is flawed.  It's asked, assuming that God is out to get us, that he is as biased as we ourselves are.  I think that is untrue, and I also think that none of us were fence-sitters.  I think that is what scares me a little... not wondering if I wasn't quite all on God's side before, but having an absolute conviction that I *was* completely on his side, and wondering why I choose fear and resistance sometimes, now.
We have a relationship with God that stretches well beyond the boundaries of our current consciousness.  This is one reason that God knows us better than we know ourselves, and we can trust that the things he asks us to do are things that will help us become who we wanted to be.  Even though we can't see everything clearly, God can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews