Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Acts 2:44

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common;"
Acts 2:44


I love the idea of having all things common. I know that in actual practice that it would probably be really hard to do, and that we probably aren't ready for it, or we would be going there... but as an
ideal, it seems so cool.  The whole group supporting each other thing, taken farther.  Where you are willing to give everything, and so is everyone else, and then you live as a group, supporting the whole.  I think I would like to try it, although I predict that it would be hard with some things.  I'm kind of attached to my computer for instance, and what if I had to ... *share* it?! :)  Maybe the reason that we aren't ready for it is that we are attached to some of our stuff too much, and not attached enough to the people around us.  Today, let's think about what things we couldn't bear to give up, and start preparing our hearts to live as a Zion people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews