Monday, April 1, 2024

Mosiah 2:16-17 -- On Service

"Behold, I say unto you that because I said unto you that I had spent my days in your service, I do not desire to boast, for I have only been in the service of God.
And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
Mosiah 2:16-17


I like this idea that whatever we are doing, anywhere, anytime... if it is good and helps other people... is serving God. It isn't just prayer and scripture study or callings and Sunday worship... it's all of it. And I wonder if we really got into the habit of thinking about it that way, if we would do better with all of it.

Today, as we serve God in situations outside of the church framework, let's not forget that we are still serving God. Let's keep that in mind, and do our best to serve him, and our fellow beings, wherever we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews