Saturday, April 6, 2024

Jeremiah 10:23-24 -- On Humility and Correction

"O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing."
Jeremiah 10:23-24


Saying here that the way of man is not in ourselves is a good reminder that we need God, and his ways are higher than our ways. It seems like I spend a lot of my time relearning some of those basic lessons... that I need God--that I need to be humble and rely on God, allowing him to help and teach me rather than trying to shut him out and trying it alone, as I slip into far too often.

Today, let's remember that our ways are not in ourselves, and let's look to God and ask him to correct our paths, so that we don't end up in the wrong place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews