Saturday, December 23, 2023

1 Nephi 18:3 -- On Communicating with the Lord

"And I, Nephi, did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things."
1 Nephi 18:3


I think this is a good reminder of the importance of calling upon God and taking time to communicate with Him. Attending the temple is also a good lesson here (the mount is symbolic of the temple), and I think the importance there is to get away from life and seek the Lord without any distractions from the world, which is difficult elsewhere. It also helps that we are making the effort to meet God on his holy ground... it helps us to understand and value the importance of the communication.

Today, let's work on our communication with the Lord, and look forward to the great things that the Lord has to show us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews