Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Ether 12:39 -- On Talking to God in Person

"And then shall ye know that I have seen Jesus, and that he hath talked with me face to face, and that he told me in plain humility, even as a man telleth another in mine own language, concerning these things."
Ether 12:39


The whole idea of just sitting and talking to Jesus face to face seems so amazing to me. I know that we have access to prayer and can talk to him anytime we want, but face to face seems more real in a way. ... Although prayer is definitely real and very important and maybe I need to get over that psychological distance, closer still seems cooler.

I also love the idea of Christ talking to us in our own language, and the idea that one day languages won't be a barrier, either because we'll know them all or because we'll be able to speak mind to mind, or maybe both, or maybe something even cooler than I can imagine. :)

Today, let's look forward to the day when we'll be able to talk to God in person, and work at preparing for that meeting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews