Monday, July 27, 2020

2 Nephi 22:1-3 -- On Drawing Water with Joy

"And in that day thou shalt say: O Lord, I will praise thee; though thou wast angry with me thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation.
Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."
2 Nephi 22:1-3


Sometimes it is cool to look ahead at the Millennium, as these verses do, because it reminds us of what we are aiming for, and of the hope and joy that is to come, despite the challenges we face, and will face in the intervening chapters. :)

I love the imagery of drawing water from the wells of salvation. :)  How glorious that must taste, right?  And no anger, and no fear, ... comfort, singing... what could be better, really? :)

I mean if we need other cool things there is the previous chapter that tells us about the wolf and the lamb getting along with one another (I think we might need to invent some new fairy tales) and that asps won't harm children if they come too close.  In fact "they shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain" ... which is amazing.

I think we're included in that too.  We won't be hurting or destroying each other, which unfortunately we do way too much of currently.

Today, let's take this glimpse of the future and trust in it.  Let's have faith that we are going to get there, through devotion to God and with his help, no matter what we currently face.  God waits by the well for us, continually helping us find the path to him, and to the joy that is promised. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews