Friday, March 20, 2020

Revelation 3:19-20 -- On Divine Coaching

"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."
Revelation 3:19-20


I like how these verses go together... it makes me think of God as a life coach.  It's his job to encourage and help us, and to correct the mistakes that we make so that we can practice doing things the right way rather than the wrong way.

And this life-coach stuff is a service that he offers to us free of charge.  We just have to let him in the door.  ... Now, of course, if some random stranger knocked on the door and offered free life coaching services, I'd think it was pretty creepy and ask him to leave.  However, this is God.  He's family, as well as basically being a celebrity.  There is no better and more loving advice-giver in the universe, as well as it being the ultimate privilege that he wants to work with us.  Just having him in our lives raises our cool factor by several levels, but if we actually listen and learn from him, our lives will be elevated far beyond what we ever thought that we could be, or do.

Today, let's be open to our Father in Heaven's advice and correction, and let's open the door and let him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews