Saturday, March 21, 2020

John 12:46 -- On The Light in the Darkness

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."
John 12:46


I love this line, and whether the darkness we face is literal or figurative, emotional, mental, or spiritual, Christ is the light that can banish the darkness.

I'm not knocking all darkness.  Sometimes gazing at the stars or taking a nighttime walk can be awesome.  Alma 32:35 tells us that "whatsoever is light, is good, because it is discernible," so I think the bad part of darkness is the confusion and blindness part, not the respite-from-sunburn part. :)

Today, in whatever confusion or blindness that we suffer, let's look to the Lord for our light.  He will save us from our darkness, and help us to know how to light our paths going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews