Thursday, January 16, 2020

3 Nephi 16:1-3 -- On Other Sheep and Looking Forward with Patience

"And verily, verily, I say unto you that I have other sheep, which are not of this land, neither of the land of Jerusalem, neither in any parts of that land round about whither I have been to minister.
For they of whom I speak are they who have not as yet heard my voice; neither have I at any time manifested myself unto them.
But I have received a commandment of the Father that I shall go unto them, and that they shall hear my voice, and shall be numbered among my sheep, that there may be one fold and one shepherd; therefore I go to show myself unto them."
3 Nephi 16:1-3


I think it is interesting and cool that we know that there is at least one more testament of the personal visitation of Christ to another people.  So, if it ever comes to light, we shouldn't be surprised or afraid of additional scripture--Christ tells us right here that he is going to visit another group somewhere besides the two places we already know of.

Things like this are super cool, but thinking about them, sometimes we want to know everything about the gospel at once, and if we can't understand certain parts or we just don't know about other parts, then we are concerned or can be unwilling to go forward without all the information.  Let's remember though that the gospel literally comprises the entirety of all the knowledge in the universe.  God knows that we have to assimilate that little by little, or our minds would probably explode. :)

Let's attempt to be patient as we seek additional knowledge from the Lord.  He intends to reveal ALL things to us.  It just has to happen line upon line, as we learn more and can incorporate it into our lives.  And let's look forward to all of the amazingly cool things that God has in store for us in the future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews