Friday, November 22, 2019

Isaiah 12:1-3 -- On Water from the Wells of Salvation

"And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation."
Isaiah 12:1-3


I like the image here of drawing water out of the wells of salvation.  Good tasting water indeed. :) Another thing I like about this is doing it with joy.  These verses are describing the Millennium, and it certainly seems like an ideal time, when we are comforted, and everyone can trust and not be afraid.

I think the challenge is trying to live for that day and that ideal future even though things are not quite as ideal now.  If we don't work at keeping the spirit with us, we too easily get bogged down in the distractions of the world and start to look on our fellow humans as generally bad or not to be trusted.  It is really easy to let our negative experiences outweigh our positive ones, and stop working to make a more positive impact ourselves. We even sometimes start to think that we can't make a difference, even though the scriptures tell a totally different story about the importance of the individual.

Today, let's remember God's promises and believe in them.  Even if we can't have a nice cool drink of salvation today, someday we will have it, and that thirst for everything good will be quenched. :)  Let's not give up on ourselves or on other people, but instead be instruments in the hands of God to bring that perfect day a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews