Sunday, August 4, 2019

Psalms 63:1 -- On Spiritual Thirst

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"
Psalms 63:1


I like the idea of spiritual thirst.  I think it feels like that sometimes in our lives, like we are wandering around in a desert and there is nothing there to drink or even to shade us from the heat.  And when we encounter God in that spiritual desert, he is like air conditioning and a bottomless well of sweet water to our souls. :)

Today, let's remember that God can fill the emptiness in our lives, and the joy of quenching that spiritual thirst by feeling his love.  Instead of hanging back, thirsty for what we need, let's go to him and work out our salvation (Philippians 2:12; Alma 34:37).  He won't turn us away.  He knows us already, and loves us still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews