Monday, August 12, 2019

Alma 36:22 -- On Attitude

"Yea, methought I saw, even as our father Lehi saw, God sitting upon his throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels, in the attitude of singing and praising their God; yea, and my soul did long to be there."
Alma 36:22


This is a great vision that Alma saw after his miraculous conversion, and I like that he saw God and wanted to be there with him... I think we would probably all want that if we were granted a similar glimpse.  One thing that stood out to me in this brief vision were the angels who were "in the attitude" of singing and praising.  It kind of reminded me of singing with my family, which was always enjoyable, even if we sometimes messed up the lyrics. :)

The word "attitude" in there also struck me (perhaps because I have been thinking about my own today), and it made me wonder what our lives would be like if we had more of an attitude of singing and praising rather than a contrasting attitude such as "the attitude of mocking and pointing their fingers" (1 Nephi 8:27) for instance.

Today, let's take a look at our attitudes, and try to move them more towards the angels of heaven rather than the people in the great and spacious building.  Let's be legitimately thankful to God and kind and open with others, and do what we can to make the atmosphere around us better and not worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews