Friday, December 22, 2017

Job 23:10 -- On Becoming Golden

"But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
Job 23:10


This is another powerful idea, and reminder... the idea that God makes us golden.  It isn't something that we can do by ourselves, because alone, we fall into trouble and temptation... but with God, we have the opportunity to get back up and try again, and *keep* trying until we make it.  It's kind of like going to the Olympics with unlimited time and unlimited tries.  We can keep practicing until we get good enough to win that gold medal... and the only way to lose is to stop, or settle for less.  I know, the analogy is flawed, especially because life isn't a competition, but I think it illustrates the fact that we still have to work at it to win, but it is God that gives us that extra time and those extra chances.

I love the fact that God knows our way so well that he can help us to succeed and to excel.  Perhaps a positive spin on the Midas touch. :)  Today, let's keep trying, with God's help, until we come forth as gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews