Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Doctrine and Covenants 25:10 -- On Making God Our Top Priority

"And verily I say unto thee that thou shalt lay aside the things of this world, and seek for the things of a better."
Doctrine and Covenants 25:10


Seems like I get caught up in the things of this world a lot, so reading this today reminded me that I should focus elsewhere.  I don't think it means anything extreme like we shouldn't feed or clothe ourselves or provide for our families, but it's more about getting our priorities straight.  Are we so caught up with something that it consumes most of our thought and time, and we have no time left for the Lord? ... I think that I get that way sometimes, and maybe we all do.  If we start laying some of those things aside, and putting God first, maybe we'll find that we still have plenty of time for the important things, but more energy and support from God to help us handle them.  Today, let's think about where our energy and time are going, and be willing to lay aside the things of this world in order to seek for the things of a better. :) As we put God first, he'll help us to prioritize and handle everything that comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews