Monday, November 4, 2002

John 14:16-17

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:16-17


I like the idea of having the spirit of truth in us.  That we can recognize it wherever it is during our daily walk.  I think one thing that gets to me is when things don't seem to make sense.  You can't tell if someone is sincere, or whether they are just blowing smoke... when things don't seem to fit together, but you aren't sure why.  You know something is wrong, but you don't know why, or how to fix it.  I think that the spirit of truth, if we can keep it with us, will help us with those things.  It will help us find the answers we lack, and the truth about life and love and ... everything. :)  And, as for comfort... I think we could all use some. :)  Knowing the truth is comforting in itself, I think.  It gives you some confidence... something to trust in, even when the rest of the world is a cyclone of uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews