Friday, November 16, 2001

Mark 10:24

"And the disciples were astonished at his words.  But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!"
Mark 10:24


This scripture is interesting because instead of saying how hard it is for rich people to get into heaven, it explains why.  Trusting in riches is the problem. :)  And, I suppose, because of the other scriptures... when you have riches, it must be awfully hard not to trust in them.  I think I may have had a lesson about this just yesterday when my bank statement came and I was balancing my checkbook.  This month, because of some unforeseen circumstances, I paid an important bill about 8 days late.  Examining my bank balance and the checks that hadn't cleared... two checks from over a month ago are still unaccounted for.  I could have paid the bill on time, and been fine... if I had trusted in something besides riches. :)  It is difficult to do.  We reason things out in our minds, and rarely do we include God in our reasoning.  I wonder what life would be like if we all had a lot more trust and faith in the Lord.  Probably a lot less stressful. :)  I've been thinking lately that things would be easier if I had a full time job rather than just freelance work.  And, they probably would... but the reason it would be easier is that I wouldn't have to trust in God so much, I could trust in riches. :)  The job might be a good thing, but the reason probably isn't. :)  Today, let's look at our lives and see if there are some ways that we are trusting in riches and not in God.  If so, let's make some changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews