Sunday, June 11, 2017

Psalms 139:1-4 -- On Knowledge and Becoming

"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether."
Psalms 139:1-4


I love this reminder that God knows us inside and out.  I think that this idea can offer us a lot of comfort.  We sometimes worry about other people, that if they knew the bad parts of us they might not accept us or love us.  With God that is never a consideration.  He knows us already, inside and out, and he loves us anyway.

Of course that doesn't mean that he doesn't want us to improve, or that he won't work to help us change.  The best kind of love is love the kind that sharpens us (Proverbs 27:17) and makes us better. It does mean though that we never have to worry about disappointing God or driving him away.  He already knows, so we can go to him and talk about anything, and ask for help.

Today, let's remember that God loves us, despite everything.  Let's trust in his love, and believe that we can do better.  Let's go to God for help, and start becoming the people that we really want to be.

2 comments:

  1. Sure indeed,he gave us to His son afterall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, true. That is probably the biggest proof of how much he truly loves us. :)

      Delete

Total Pageviews