Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Omni 1:30

"And I, Amaleki, had a brother, who also went with them; and I have not since known concerning them. And I am about to lie down in my grave; and these plates are full. And I make an end of my speaking."
Omni 1:30


I like the way that you can get insights into individual lives in the scriptures.  Amaleki had no children, so he gave the plates to the King, who he knew was a righteous man... and he missed his brother.  The cool thing is that WE get to know the end of the story.  Later in the scriptures we find out about the group of people that his brother went with, and what happened to all of them. :)  The scriptures are full of great stories, and great, interesting people. :)  ... Let's read some more! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews