Sunday, September 10, 2023

Revelation 3:10-11 -- On Patience and Holding On

"Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."
Revelation 3:10-11


I like the payoff for patience here, because patience is hard, and so it might help to have something to look forward to. :) I think most of the people who say "Thank you for your patience" are undervaluing it. It's huge. If we all were good at patience our lives would be much easier I think. It's that short-term thinking that gets us into most of our trouble.

I like the idea of holding on to what we have as well. From a spiritual perspective I think that means that we need to retain our testimonies and our faith. We build up so much history with God, and if we don't stop and remember that sometimes, we can make critical mistakes based on a limited perspective.

Today, let's remember our history with God, and hold on to the faith and the testimony we have. Let's trust that God will still help us, even if the current situation seems dire, or we don't understand what God is trying to accomplish this time. If we ask him to help us understand, he will. Not always immediately, but that's where the patience comes in. God's timing is always better than ours, so let's wait in hope, and trust in his love and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews