Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Psalms 26:2 -- On Inviting The Lord In

"Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart."
Psalms 26:2


I think we are often afraid to invite God to examine us and prove/test us because we feel inadequate and we don't want/don't think we can handle any extra trials or criticism. I like this though, because it indicates a willingness to have God come and work in our lives, and I think he can do a lot more good for us when we are open and willing to be examined and changed/encouraged to change than he can when we are curled up in a scared little ball, worried about our imperfections.

We're all imperfect, all flawed, and we'd definitely break if the Lord wasn't watching over us... but he is, and we don't need to be afraid of that. I mean, better to be afraid of God than afraid of what the world will think, and maybe we are going to be afraid either way, because change sometimes hurts, even when it is the best kind of change... but God is the only way we are going to become the people that we want to be... and the only way that we can be even better than that, because God knows we can be even more than we realize or dream of.

Today, let's invite the Lord in, even when we are afraid of the changes that he will make and the effort it will take to overhaul ourselves. Let's invite him in because that is the path to our best selves, to knowing and loving God better, to caring more for the people around us, and also the way to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews